Title: Measurement Systems Analyst
Reports to: Manager measurements
Department: Resource Assessment Group
Location: San Diego, CA or Montreal, QC
Scope of Job:
The Measurement System Analyst is responsible for designing permanent meteorological towers for
operating wind projects, integrating permanent tower data collection with SCADA systems, power curve test planning and review. The employee will work in a collaborative, open, team of technical analysts and must possess the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment. It is expected that the job will be split evenly between permanent tower design, installation oversight, and integration with SCADA systems, and management of power curve tests.
More specifically this position is directly responsible for managing subcontractors, documentation, integration with SCADA systems, procedure development, and field related activities for meteorological tower maintenance and installation. Success at this position will result in all permanent met towers being maintained and reporting properly.
Responsibilities: (Up to 10 statements to identify the fundamental job duties in order of importance and include % of time for each statement – Should equal 100% including “5% – Other duties as assigned” below)
- 20% – Design meteorological tower instrumentation systems and off-grid low voltage power supply systems;
- 20% – Procure met tower equipment for wind energy resource assessment, including data acquisition systems and auxiliary power systems by generating and managing contracts of 3rd party contractors and consultants;
- 20% – Coordinate 3rd party contractors for met station installations and maintenance, including schedule and budgets; and develop strong relationships with vendors, subcontractors and consultants related to meteorological towers and data;
- 10% – Manage power curve testing activities, including data analysis and verification of 3rd party reports;
- 10% – Perform advanced troubleshooting of met towers/equipment identified as not operating properly,
- 5% – Assist meteorologist in determining/configuration of meteorological equipment and provide support for installation and maintenance, which includes support to internal groups through communication of fleet status, integration of permanent towers into SCADA systems;
- 5% – Develop procedures, standards, and troubleshooting guides for met tower maintenance, and continuously improve met tower standards;
- 5% – Maintain and validate met tower database and documentation;
- 5% – Other duties as assigned (Do not delete from job description)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Meteorology, or related science/technology field, and/or Wind Energy meteorological experience.
- Work experience in the energy industry, with minimum 2 years’ experience with wind/solar projects required.
- Prior experience working with and programming Campbell Scientific data loggers a significant plus.
- Experience in design and setup of low voltage systems is significant plus;
Approximately 80% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, utilizing computer (frequent use of MS Word and MS Excel), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately, 20% of the time is spent in the field conducting site visits and supervising meteorological equipment installation and maintenance.
- Highly motivated, driven self-starter, with ability to work well with others and be a good team player;
- Excellent organizational, project management and communication skills required;
- Ability to stay current on industry knowledge and cutting-edge wind measurement technologies;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook are required. Experience with MS Project and Visio are preferred;
- Skilled in working with GIS software (ArcGIS, GlobalMapper);
- Bilingual (French and English) is a plus;
Describe any physical demands of the job such as lifting, climbing, standing, stooping, etc;
If you are interested by this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the name of the position that you are applying for.