Return to
Home
Affiliate Sites Search
Contact Français

Asset Manager

Title: Asset Manager
Reports to: Senior Regional Director, Canada
Department: Asset Optimization
Classification: Salary
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Scope of Position
The Asset Manager has responsibility for supporting the commercial management of renewable energy projects (solar and/or wind) within Canada; maximizing project profits and returns.

Responsibilities:
• Oversee owner responsibilities on renewable energy projects and assume the owner’s representative role, including directing and managing project partners;
• Ensure the management and the implementation of solutions to solve all kinds of problems (administrative, technical, etc.);
• Manage all financial and budgetary aspects of projects in coordination with the Accounting team to ensure timely delivery (financial statements, calculation of different ratios, etc.);
• Manage all commercial agreements and customers associated with assigned projects;
• Oversee execution of all contract documents/agreements for assigned existing owned projects or third-party contracts;
• Ensure full compliance of generating assets (legal, environmental, grid compliance, etc.);
• Prepare monthly reports, operating budget projections, financial and production variance reports, and other ad hoc reports as required;
• Work directly with Development and O&M personnel during project development stages to ensure Owner considerations are addressed;
• Transition facilities from Development’s Project Manager to Asset Management responsibility and O&M integration and supervision of the facility activities;
• Provide other company personnel with related information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities. Cross-functional coordination activities throughout the organization as conditions necessitate;
• Interface with the Technical Services Group regarding all technical aspects of Asset Management;
• Develop solutions to maximize the return on assets based on the financial capacity of the owners;
• Acquire all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Senior Director.

Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in administration or engineering;
• Prior project management experience administering energy projects and/or project financing of renewable energy projects;
• Thorough understanding of the US Northeast ISO and Canadian electricity markets;
• Able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with peers, subordinates, management, and unaffiliated third parties;
• Working knowledge of processes and equipment utilized in the independent energy sector;
• Bilingual (French and English);
• Able to work effectively in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).

Working Conditions:
Time spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment is required at 80%. The remaining 20% of the time is spent outside of the office at existing owned projects, at projects being considered for ownership, at trade shows and conferences.

This position is a fixed-term contract for the replacement of parental leave.

If you are interested by this position please send your resume to employment-canada@edf-re.com with the name of the position that you are applying for.