Scope of Job:
Coordinates and assists the business unit and subordinates in executing business activities and reviewing business performance.
- Under the direction of the Site Manager, assist with the coordination and implementation of the business needs for the business unit;
- Monitor the business systems used in the management, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of renewable assets;
- Evaluate EDF RS offerings and their effectiveness for achieving contract deliverables and meeting customer requirements. Communicate findings through written and oral communications;
- Regular interaction with internal support groups as well as external customers and vendors, maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity with sensitive information;
- Generate daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for business owner review and submittal;
- Demonstrate and utilize basic accounting principles such as balance sheets, P&L statements, and budgets;
- Provide detailed variance reports on budgeted to actual performance using agreed upon key performance indicators (KPI’s) to the Unit Operations Manager or his/her designee;
- Retrieve and analyze data for daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly production reporting;
- Coordinate, track, evaluate, and recommend training for employees working within the Operations unit;
- Develop a working relationship with the assigned Customer Account Manager (CAM) to support financial support numbers, site reporting, etc;
- Provide support to the business unit on accurate inventory management & procurement activity;
- Provide general administrative and clerical support as needed;
- All other job-related duties as assigned by the Unit Operations Manager or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) 3-5 years of exhibited business administration experience related to renewable energy.
- Must be adept at internal EDF business systems including SAP and ECRM.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications with excellent relationship building and interpersonal skill-set.
- Demonstrate ability to write reports, business correspondence and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various groups.
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with ability to coordinate with peers, management, and unaffiliated third parties.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, assist in projects, work under pressure, meet deadlines, adapt to shifting priorities and be solution oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple, concurrent assignments with the minimum of supervision. Strong attention to detail with the ability to assist in improvement of internal processes.
- Demonstrate strong PC skills including proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel programs.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of general database management concepts.
- Ability to travel as needed and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English and French) mandatory
Normal office environment with 90% of time spent in the office, utilizing computers, phones, general office equipment, and supplies for reporting functions and record keeping. 10% to 25% of time traveling to sites interacting with the business owners.
About the company:
EDF Renewable Canada has been designing and operating clean energy projects across the country since 2008. Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, EDF Renewables Canada is focused on developing high quality energy projects through the development of renewable energy relationships. long-term business with people who also want to offer renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
A full package of benefits to all full-time permanent employees is available, including: prescription drugs, dental and vision care, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, vacation and sick pay, days paid holidays and retirement contributions.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Employment-Canada@edf-re.com with the name of the position for which you are applying.