This position, under general direction of the Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Senior Manager, is responsible for the daily activities associated with the development, direction, and implementation of EDF Renewable Energy’s (EDF RE) Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance programs. This position serves to provide EDF RE leadership and employees with sound guidance to ensure a safe and healthful work environment that complies with all Federal, State, Provincial and/or local, safety and environmental regulations. Holds all employees accountable for the HSE policies, procedures and practices as described in the Corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Manual, including supports and promotes Company values.
Responsibilities: This position plays a lead role in driving the overall culture throughout the organization.
10%- Interprets Federal, State, Provincial and local regulations, best practices and information gathered from consensus standards and hazard analysis to develop and maintain sound Health, Safety & Environmental Policies, Procedures and Instructional Material.
10%- Will develop HSE documents and information for distribution to the field and corporate organization detailing requirements and implementation criteria to achieve and maintain compliance.
15%- Will function as a subject matter expert in health and safety matters, providing high level professional advice and guidance to the field organization as well as the corporate offices.
10%- Assists in the development and delivery of required Health, Safety & Environmental training.
10%- Assists in the development and review of location audits and inspections along with identifying systemic trends that impact the organization and strategizing on proper corrective actions.
10%-Develops, reviews, analyses and communicates HSE metrics and trends to field organizations and leadership teams in order to focus in on areas of improvement and development.
10%-Provides technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety and compliance with applicable regulations and/or consensus standards.
20%- Will travel to site locations to garner understanding of how documents and requirements the HSE team develops will impact the field organization.
5% – Other duties as assigned
Supervision of Others:
This employee will have responsibility to lead the organization in developing a robust safety culture. There will be no direct reports, however there will be responsibility to supervise work product of contractors and other employees completing work on their behalf.
- Proficient reading, comprehension / writing skills. Technical writing ability necessary.
- Associates degree (or equivalent experience and/or certification) in regulatory compliance hazard identification, safety auditing, corrective action development, safety document development / and safety training development / presentation desirable. Direct work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal, State & Provincial Labor and Environmental Regulations / Standards.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean DMV record.
- Must have a valid passport for international travel.
- Working knowledge with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint (Office Suite).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to present a wide range of safety topics to large groups.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout North America, or internationally as required or directed.
- Continued education as required to fulfill required duties.
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) certification preferred.
- Five (5) years of practical field safety administration experience preferred.
Requires knowledge of operations and maintenance safety requirements and practices as it relates to wind and solar operations.
- Ability to work at heights, including climbing and descending towers of various heights. This includes passing initial Functional Capacity Examination, climb test and related training.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
50% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment. 50% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
Will be responsible for managing travel expenses as well as ensuring all program requests are accompanied by a sound business plan and associated costs/budget impact.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
About the company:
EDF Renewables provides a comprehensive benefit package to all regular full-time employees. Some of the highlights of our plan include: medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; Long and Short-Term disability; vacation and sick pay; paid holidays; and pension contributions. EDF Renewables’ employment plan offers a well-rounded and wide-reaching group of benefits, designed to limit employee’s out-of-pocket costs, provided detailed benefits and enhance the personal side of life for our employees.
If you are interested by this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position that you are applying for.