Title: Manager, Special Projects
Reports to: Manager, Asset Management
Department: Asset Optimization
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Scope of Position
Under the authority of the Manager, Asset Management – Asset Optimization, the Special Projects Manager manages all activities related to the implementation and deployment of major projects aimed at optimizing wind/solar projects.
• Supervise the preparation, implementation, execution and maintenance plan of special projects aimed at improving or modifying existing infrastructures on EDF Renewables wind or solar projects in Canada, mainly in Quebec and Ontario;
• Ensure the delivery of projects in accordance with the security, the budget and the defined deadlines;
• Participate in drafting bids, executing contracts and managing contract changes;
• Ensure the selection and manage the negotiation and the contractual and technical relations with the companies involved in the realization of the project;
• Manage many of the intricacies of internal and external departments, while remaining a rallying point for the purpose of the project;
• Assign and manage the follow-up of the activities of EDF Renewables, Canada staff and/or consultants retained to manage the construction of the projects;
• Obtain permits, internal or external authorizations before the implementation phase;
• Supervise the execution of the work in accordance with the permits obtained from the governmental authorities concerned;
• Develop pro forma budget for budget tracking and capital expenditures;
• Present and prepare progress reports of the project for the Management of the company, as well as, for the external co-owners, including the schedule, the follow-up of the costs and the files elements at risk;
• Maintain all contractual documentation of the project;
• Participate in setting up a skills acquisition process for the team;
• Participate in site meetings, occasionally;
• Any other tasks as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, administration or other relevant training;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing complex construction projects and/or project development;
• Thorough technical knowledge in wind energy;
• A technical knowledge in solar energy is a plus;
• Experience in coordinating commercial business projects including estimation, procurement, contract administration, risk analysis, budgeting and project management;
• Intermediate for MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
• Bilingual French/English (good working knowledge);
• Hold a valid driver’s license in Canada.
• Great sense of initiative and proactivity;
• Analysis and synthesis;
• Communication and presentation skills at all levels of the company;
• Creative and Innovative;
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Planning – Organizations;
• Attention to detail;
• Mastery of written French;
• Acute professionalism when dealing with external clients.
If you are interested by this position please send your resume to email@example.com with the name of the position that you are applying for.