Scope of Position:
This position, under the direction of the Project Deployment & Support Manager, performs all aspects of support for the O&M department. Also assists field technicians with turbine repair problems as needed.
Project Deployment & Support Specialists spend approximately 75% of their time in the field supporting projects with technical support and analysis and 25% of their time in a more formal training environment. Project Deployment & Support Specialists may work in extreme weather conditions.
- Lead and understand the contractual business requirements as outlined by EDF-RS, Operations & Maintenance agreements;
- Lead project deployment initiatives to include initial mobilization of EDF-RS personnel for operations at new sites;
- Support the creation and development of turbine-specific documentation;
- Assist and train site personnel with troubleshooting and repairs;
- Provide turbine-specific training to elevate field technician’s level of knowledge;
- Take a lead role in projects requiring special skills, by acquiring and maintaining skills in certain areas:
- R&R of major components;
- In-situ repair of major components;
- Composite repairs;
- Communication system repairs;
- Specifically trained high voltage switching tasks;
- BOP maintenance tasks.
- Lead special projects such as; evaluations of new tools, processes, equipment, and turbine control changes;
- Identify technical problems which impact fleet issues with the goal of presenting solutions to the management team;
- Lead efforts to repair and improve turbine control systems and energy conversion systems.
- Support troubleshooting efforts related to turbine communication system repairs;
- Travel to other sites to provide support as needed and for extended periods of time;
- Interface with site personnel, management, and customers, to investigate and resolve plant related issues;
- Lead & oversee temporary labor on a case-by-case basis;
- Identify & pilot new tooling and equipment which would enhance safety & efficiency;
- Attend safety and supervisor meetings;
- All other job-related duties as assigned.
- Five to seven years wind turbine technician experience or equivalent bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field;
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and priorities;
- Demonstrated leadership by mentoring EDF-RS personnel ensuring QHSE policies & procedures are in full compliance, including a good driving record;
- Demonstrate good communication skills with all levels of field technicians as well as peers, supervisors, and management;
- Ability to read and draw simple electrical schematics;
- Able to design and draw simple mechanical drawings;
- Ability to work on elevated platforms, including ascending and descending towers of various heights;
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.;
- Able to demonstrate ability to work in a mechanical environment. This may be achieved through formal training or previous work experience;
- Ability to work safely and effectively with power and control systems, and troubleshoot systems from basic electrical principles;
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and Power Point skills as necessary for basic data analysis, issue & solution documentation.
About the company:
EDF Renewable Canada has been designing and operating clean energy projects across the country since 2008. Headquartered in Montreal and Toronto, EDF Renewables Canada is focused on developing high quality energy projects through the development of renewable energy relationships. long-term business with people who also want to offer renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
A full package of benefits to all full-time permanent employees is available, including: prescription drugs, dental and vision care, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, vacation and sick pay, days paid holidays and retirement contributions.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Employment-Canada@edf-re.com with the name of the position for which you are applying.