Title: Site Manager
Reports to: Area Operations Manager
Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: Southgate, Ontario
Scope of Job:
Provides day-to-day management & supervision on site, including but not limited to execution of all work activities, supervision of all employees at the site, reports, and other written and verbal communications between site and Management Team, customers, vendors, etc.
• The implementation and supervision of Internal Control is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority;
• Oversee the operation, maintenance, service, and repair of renewable energy assets and components to specified requirements;
• Responsible for the development, and professional growth of employees, through relevant hiring, ongoing training, and mentoring;
• Responsible for all safety aspects on site including participation in the tower rescue program. Also performs periodic Safety Walks, including up-tower;
• Responsible for execution of safe work plans to achieve schedule adherence;
• Maintain written and oral communications with customers, management, vendors, etc.;
• Responsible for the preparation and adherence to the approved O&M project budgets;
• Responsible for accurate inventory management & procurement activity;
• Responsible for Quality Control on site by performing periodic checks of work by Technicians in the field and up-tower;
• Maintaining all BOP project logs and records to ensure NERC compliance, if applicable;
• Responsible for reviewing/approving Work Requests while executing approved SAP business processes;
• Responsible for leading a Continuous Improvement approach toward the business;
• Responsible for business data collection, analysis, and project reports;
• Responsible for plant performance and analysis with the goal of increased performance;
• Develop a working relationship with the assigned Customer Account Manager (CAM) to enhance customer interaction while reducing customer intimacy with Site Manager;
• Lead direct reporting employee’s performance review quarterly, and evaluate the performance of each direct report at least annually through the use of written performance evaluations;
• All other job duties as assigned by the Manager and/or his or her designee.
Site Manager 2 12/2018
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other related field preferred;
• 3-5 years’ experience working in the renewable energy industry preferred;
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity required;
• Experience working with current renewable energy technologies required;
• Basic understanding of power generation equipment and operational performance metrics.
• Strong oral and written communication skills required. These include contract execution, technical document review, business communication, event description, performance review, and new document synthesis;
• Strong computer experience required, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs and SAP.
Site Managers spend 25% of the time working in the field, sometimes in extreme weather conditions. 75% of the time is spent in the office environment utilizing computer, phones and general office equipment and supplies for reporting functions and record keeping.
About the company:
EDF Renewables provides a comprehensive benefit package to all regular full-time employees. Some of the highlights of our plan include: medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; Long and Short-Term disability; vacation and sick pay; paid holidays; and pension contributions. EDF Renewables’ employment plan offers a well-rounded and wide-reaching group of benefits, designed to limit employee’s out-of-pocket costs, provided detailed benefits and enhance the personal side of life for our employees.
If you are interested by this position please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position that you are applying for.