Scope of Job:
The Solar Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of project equipment related to any aspect of a utility solar plant. This position, under specific direction from the site manager, maintains utility solar plant, including but not limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Maintains adherence to Company policies, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices;
• Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner;
• Perform tasks safely and efficiently with minimal amount of supervision
• Perform routine preventative maintenance on utility power solar plants;
• Diagnose and troubleshoot various project system issues such as inverters, switchgears, transformers, breakers, communication equipment, etc.;
• Perform reactive maintenance on utility solar plants;
• Efficiently complete service orders, preventative maintenance/reactive maintenance documentation, time confirmation and any other required paperwork/documentation for the specific project/assignment
• Must be willing to participate in the on-call rotational schedule outside normal operational hours (including nights and weekends) responding to emergency service or project equipment issues;
• Safely escort/oversee third party technicians/contractors on-site as required;
• Possible travel opportunities to support sister plants (minimal travel)
• All additional duties as assigned by the Site Manager or his/her designee.
• A secondary technical education (College or University) is a desirable asset;
• Capable of performing physical work including lifting heavy weights up to 50lbs;
• Must have Valid G driver’s license;
• Maintain Canadian passport, with the ability to travel to the US (training purposes)
• Good communication skills, verbal and written (English);
• Must have basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Office programs (e.g. Excel and Word);
• Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Conduct themselves in a professional manner
• Must possess a high safety mindset
• Extreme outdoor weather conditions, including cold, heat, rain, wind, etc.;
• Basic electrical knowledge of AC and DC an asset
• 3 years combined work/education experience as an Electrical/Mechanical maintenance technician in the renewable energy (Solar or Wind) environment;
• Experience with Substation Switching and Maintenance;
• SCADA/DAS knowledge/experience
About the company:
EDF Renewables provides a comprehensive benefit package to all regular full-time employees. Some of the highlights of our plan include: medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; Long and Short-Term disability; vacation and sick pay; paid holidays; and pension contributions. EDF Renewables’ employment plan offers a well-rounded and wide-reaching group of benefits, designed to limit employee’s out-of-pocket costs, provided detailed benefits and enhance the personal side of life for our employees.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position and location that you are applying for.